Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Suggestions to improve my swing set frame design

On May 28, 12:42*am, theedudenator wrote:
I am going to build a swing set for the kids.
I want 4 spots for swings with ample room.
I am working with 2 different books on swing set design.

My frame will be 2 vertical 4x4 posts that sandwich my main beam.
Then 2 4x4 posts will be at 30 degree angles to create an A frame on
the ends.

The center beam will be 18 foot long. *It will be 3 2x6's bolted
together *(to make a 6x6 beam)
This beam will be close to 10 foot off the ground

I am really not sure about the vertical 4x4's and the angled ends.

I am not really sure how to do a beefy a frame design

I don't quite follow. You have two books on building swing sets, what
do you not like about their designs? "I am really not sure..."
doesn't give people much information to work with - what aren't you
sure about?