Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Propane rip-off

On May 27, 3:46*pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2009 12:21:11 -0700, SMS wrote:
1D10T wrote:
The Shrink Ray strikes again, just like groceries (4 # sugar, 11 oz. pounds
of coffee, etc.). Container stays the same, content gets smaller, price
remains the same, and if you do inquire, they claim it's to avoid price
increases. That's an insult to our intelligence because it's not disclosed
to the consumer, on the container or in the store. They're counting on the
stupidity of the average American consumer. What's next, 3 qt. gas gallons?

But unlike coffee, ice cream, etc., where the reduced volume or weight
is on the package, the propane tanks have no indication that the they're
not being filled as full as possible. This is simply fraud, and the
retailers and suppliers should be sued in a class action lawsuit.

They usually have a level indication on the side. *The change in
temperature between empty and occupied space displays on the indicator.

There's also medication to help you with your paranoia.

Usually? Where do you get tanks that have an indicator on the side?

I've seen them as after-market devices, but I can't say that I've ever
seen one on any tank I've bought or exchanged for.