Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Leigh D4 dovetail jig driving me nuts

J. Clarke wrote:
charlieb wrote:

My Oh Bull**** alarm goes off whenever I see ANY machine dovetail
making tool claim "fool proof" and/or "no test cuts necessary".

Hmm - then I think you may have an obsolete (pre-CNC) trigger circuit on
your alarm.

It's getting the damn bit heights right that raises all the hell -
and takes so much time to get right.

Nah - I just /tell/ my router how deep I want it to cut.

And when you have to use TWO bits to make the DT joint - you'e
going to lose one set up to get the other - unless you're using TWO
routers - which you can do with a JIG but not with a router table
and fence system.

Any more, I just use one small straight (spiral) bit...

....and I /tell/ my router how tight to make the joint. :-

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar