Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default 10" SCMS reccomendations

Andrew Barss wrote:
I'm in the market for a 10" sliding compound miter saw.
Reviews on the web tend to favor the Bosch 4410L, then the
Makita, then Hitachi and Ridgid. Does anyone out there have
comparative exprience, especially with the Bosch and Makita?

I have no local dealer for Bosch; HD carries Makita,
and I found I really like the horizontal handle that the other
makers have (vs. the vertical handle of the Makita).

This will be mounted to a rolling stand, and used in the shop --
main desired attribute is accuracy and ease of use and adjustment.

-- Andy Barss

I don't have comparative experience but I've owned a Makita LS1013 for
about 10 years. It gets used frequently for everything from framing,
siding, cabinetry (including crown molding), etc. It did require a few
minor adjustments when it came out of the box but it's remained dead
nuts accurate since. The saw has even been dropped twice when it was
tipped off a couple of saw horses on a job site. It didn't knock it out
of alignment or hurt the saw. Occasionally saw dust will build up in
the detent stops, especially when framing with wet pine. Blowing out
the base with an air compressor clears the detents.

It's a great saw.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA