Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default 10" SCMS reccomendations

I'm in the market for a 10" sliding compound miter saw.
Reviews on the web tend to favor the Bosch 4410L, then the
Makita, then Hitachi and Ridgid. Does anyone out there have
comparative exprience, especially with the Bosch and Makita?

I have no local dealer for Bosch; HD carries Makita,
and I found I really like the horizontal handle that the other
makers have (vs. the vertical handle of the Makita).

This will be mounted to a rolling stand, and used in the shop --
main desired attribute is accuracy and ease of use and adjustment.

-- Andy Barss