Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Colour code for 3-wire room stat?

On Wed, 27 May 2009 23:13:39 UTC, Andy Wade
wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

However, is there any convention for which of the three colours is used
for live, switched live, and neutral? My instinct would be brown for
live, grey for switched live, and black for neutral....

Brown for line, black with brown sleeve for switched line and grey with
blue sleeve for neutral.

Use of a black core for neutral is strongly deprecated since it is now a
line (phase) colour.

Bloody hell, that was quick for this time of night...

I did wonder about the black, but was pretty sure about the brown...and
yes, I do have brown and blue sleeving...

Thanks...will get on with that tomorrow.

http://www.diybanter.com