Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

G. Morgan wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Furthering the goal of increased domestic production to diminish
reliance on foreign hostile regimes is kinda silly in that most of
our "foreign" oil comes from Canada, Mexico, and Nigeria.

You may want to check the facts about that:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html

Quite a few nations in the top 15 are not exactly "friends" of the
USA.

Total Imports of Petroleum (Top 15 Countries)
(Thousand Barrels per Day)
Country Feb-09 Jan-09 YTD 2009 Feb-08 YTD 2008
CANADA 2,515 2,544 2,530 2,464 2,527
MEXICO 1,364 1,430 1,399 1,327 1,317
VENEZUELA 1,139 1,353 1,252 1,131 1,214
SAUDI ARABIA 1,115 1,362 1,245 1,627 1,563
ANGOLA 671 543 604 350 468
IRAQ 554 568 562 780 658
NIGERIA 498 509 504 1,025 1,110
RUSSIA 478 516 498 451 421
BRAZIL 381 450 417 172 200
ALGERIA 372 720 555 384 514
VIRGIN ISLANDS 333 367 350 351 366
UNITED KINGDOM 285 147 212 155 185
KUWAIT 251 242 246 266 252
ECUADOR 243 278 261 186 224
COLOMBIA 241 269 256 240 218

I misspoke. "Most" of our imported oil does not come from Canada, Mexico,
and Nigeria. These three countries account for a measly 30%. You have to add
Saudi Arabia and Iraq to get above 50%.

According to the text:

"The top five exporting countries accounted for 64 percent of United States
crude oil imports..."

The top five are Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and Angola. While
some are not exactly "friends" of the United States, none are overtly
"hostile."