Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
willshak willshak is offline

Default Ever taken advantage of "lifetime warranty" on Home Depot kitchenfaucet?

on 5/27/2009 8:50 AM (ET) brassplyer wrote the following:
The Glacier Bay kitchen faucet I got at Home Depot ostensibly has a
"Lifetime Warranty" but the process requires you to send the unit back
to the manufacturer. Assuming the company is still in business at that
point, presumably you're supposed to do without a faucet for however
long it takes for them to send you a new unit.

Curious if anyone here has actually found a warranty like this to be
useful.

I had a Price Phister brass plated bathroom sink faucet installed for
about 10 years. The brass coating faded around the faucet screw-on
filter end.. I emailed P-F and sent pictures. They said they didn't have
that brass faucet anymore (guess why?) and to pick out a new faucet from
the site. I picked the same faucet, but in chrome finish. They sent me
the new faucet without any other questions. I got to keep the old one
which I installed in a utility tub.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY