Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default How to dry flooded laminate floor?

On May 26, 9:00*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On May 26, 8:19*pm, "
wrote:

Colbyt wrote:

IMO, *it has to come up and be replaced for all the reasons stated by the
other posters. *The risk of mold and all that involves is far too great to
make any half-way remediation practical.

Good grief! *Tear up a floor to prevent mold? *How 'bout we wait to see
if it gets moldy? *I'd try my damndest to dry it out first. *But, then,
I wouldn't have a pretend-wood floor in the first place.

No, you'd be tearing up the floor to dry it out and replace the warped
boards. *While you're in there you investigate the extent of the
flood, the moisture content of the concrete and remaining boards, and
possibly clean the area with TSP or some other mold killer. *Anything
else is crossing your fingers and clicking your heels three times.

Things like this is the reason I keep a notebook with tile type paint
colors etc. Replacing this kind of flooring is a pretty easy DIY
project.

Jimmie