Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default How to dry flooded laminate floor?

james wrote:
Our office with laminate flooring was slightly flooded by an out of
order sprinkler outside the building.

We have mopped off the water on the floor. However, there is still water
underneath the floor. Stepping on certain areas would squeeze out some
water.

Do we have to tear out the whole floor to remove those water, or would
the water drain down through the foundation? Is there any company
specializing in this type of work?

The building is a 1-story commercial building.

Here are some photos showing the water on the floor:
http://photographs.smugmug.com/galle...46490040_VYoRq

Short of having a prof. mitigation company handle it, I would have
rented a powerful wet vac. ASAP. After that, if still squishy, lay down
old towels and try to squeeze more water to the surface. Then, fans and
dehumidifier.

Not very comparable, but we had a flood in our kitchen, shortly after
redoing cabinets. Afraid the plywood cabinets would bulge from water,
but we got it up fast enough that that was avoided. Particle board
would probably have been worse because it expands and then crumbles.