Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

(Roughneck) wrote in
:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

But the peak of US oil production is largely a function of politics.
We peaked in the production of oil that current laws and regulations
will let us get at. Open up Alaskan areas (and especially the Gulf and
other off-shore reserves) and we get a spike.

Politics plays a part, sure. But oil production is primarily driven by
geology and economics. There're already plenty of places in the US
that could be developed today.

Such as?
IMO,you're full of crap,because with the recent high gas prices,they would
have already begun producing. The only new domestic production I've read
about is the individual land owners up in the Dakotas who drilled their own
lands and sell the oil themselves.

As for Alaska? The most optimistic estimates put the recoverable oil
around 16 billion barrels. Sounds like a lot...but it's only enough to
meet US demand for 2 additional years.

and there's NO reason to not drill and produce from there.

Unfortunately, no combination of politics or economics is going to
change the simple reality that there's only so much oil in the ground
and our appetite for it is seemingly unending.

Fact is,Obama WANTS oil prices to climb.He's said so.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik