Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leigh D4 dovetail jig driving me nuts

Swingman wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Any help would be appreciated. As a pre-emptive, the answer, "just
chop
them by hand" is not an answer I'm seeking -- I'm really trying to
figure out why this machine is not working as advertised.

No solution, but feel your pain.

As much as I like the jig, I continually fight with it when attempting
to do a "production run" of drawer sides for dozens of drawers at a time.

Thanks. It's helpful knowing that I'm not the only person who has been
fighting this.

I've pretty well accepted that there are simply too many parameters,
from stock, to router, to jig, to obtain the kind of ideal CONSISTENCY
in that situation, from first to last.

That pretty well describes the issue -- piece to piece consistency even
after getting things set up as best as possible is an issue.

But, I do remember my "pre-jig" days, and the alternative was worse ...

On the current project I'm toying with going with the Multi-Router just
to see if the "consistency", from first to last in a many part run,
improves.