Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"nightjar .me.uk" cpb@insert my surname here wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"nightjar .me.uk" cpb@insert my surname here wrote in message

I was specifically addressing DD's suggestion that the entire power
supply for the UK could be derived from tidal power in the Irish Sea.

It can. Understand what a tidal lagoon is.

I do and I also understand their limitations, which is why I question the
claim.

Those who know think differently.

So, post your sources and let's look at the figures. BTW my degree included
oceanic sciences and I was looking at tidal models 40 years ago, although
then model really meant a model - a scale model of the area under study
(with vertical scale exaggerated) which we moved water in and out of, by
dipping a weight into it.

Colin Bignell