Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default wood ceiling in bathroom

RickH wrote in
:

On May 25, 1:04*pm, Franz Fripplfrappl wrote:
I'm looking at alternative to a painted drywall ceiling an a
bathroom.

The bath has a ceiling fan and there's a window that opens for air.

I'm thinking of tongue/grove beadboard, primed and painted on all
sides.

Will there be problems with moisture? *

--
In the beginning there were Ole and Lena. Then there was Sven. Now
there's Franz Fripplfrappl, Lena's confused: Was it Ole or was it

========================

======================== Franz Fripplfrappl

Some species work well, google around for what the Swedish saunas are
lined with (I used to know but cant remember now). A guy at work
found a source for the wood and made a hot-rock steam room with it, it
was tongue and groove material, walls have to be lined with the tongue
up I remember if going horizontal.

But, but, but, I would think that underneath the wood you either have to
have a very good vapor barrier, or something well ventilated to prevent
condensation inside the wall/ceiling.

--
Best regards
Han