Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Post mortem on an IEC connector

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Adrian Tuddenham" wrote in message
alid.invalid...
Eeyore wrote:

The EU Commission should be strung by their necks from lamp-posts for
being a
bunch of technically ignorant ****s. Why do they think lead was used in
solder
in the first place ? For fun ?

In the past I have many times agreed with your facts, but I have often
disagreed with your way of expressing them. On this occasion I am with
you all the way.

Let's hope the first aeroplane to crash because of lead-free solder has
only Brussels diplomats and anti-lead campaigners on board.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

As far as I know, at this point in time, the avionics industry still has an
exemption from having to use the stuff. Now I wonder why that could be ... ?

They may be exempt, but what might they do when they can't get the
proper stuff any more because no manufacturer can afford to run two
production lines for the same product simultaneously and daren't risk
getting them muddled?

1) Set up special production lines.
2) Stop making avionics.
3) Change the rules and use lead-free.