Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leigh D4 dovetail jig driving me nuts

"__ Bøb __" wrote:

I'm not sure how much this matters, if at all, but I've watched the demo
at many shows before I bought mine, and I remember the presenter saying
that you need to push straight down on each finger as it is tightened.
I don't remember if he said just what the significance of that act was,
but I've always done it that way and have not had these type of
problems. The guy who I bought mine from is Mark Hensley and he runs a
shop and a school at his home in Florida. Maybe try sending him your
pictures at .. .. .. .. .. .. and ask him for
a response. If anyone is qualified to give an opinion, it would be
Mark. I think he knows that jig better than the engineers who designed
it.

Thanks. I'll try re-setting the fingers as you suggested and if that
doesn't work, will contact Mr. Hensley.