Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default Dusk-to-dawn security lighting for a farmyard ?

On 25 May, 16:27, Another Dave wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

If you have neighbours, check that either the light doesn't
spill onto their property, or that they don't mind. If there's
a road nearby, check the light doesn't cause dazzle to road
users. Always adjust the light so the beam cutoff is below
horizontal to minimise light polution.

Yes! I do a bit of amateur astronomy and security lights are one of the
banes of my life. Most of them spill light upwards which is both a waste
for the owner and a nuisance to me.

Another Dave.

SOX is near single line output, can use a dichroic filter to notch it
out.

Light tresspass is a real problem, now entering legislation in
Scotland, mounting a sharp cutoff flood high, pointing down should
keep it to a minimum,
Ofetn see them mounted far too low with resultant spill everywhere, in
the contryside its not just people who need darkness at night.
Remember light not on target is money going to waste.

Adan