Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 May 2009 00:01:02 +0100 someone who may be "nightjar"
cpb@insert my surname here.me.uk wrote this:-

I was specifically addressing DD's suggestion that the entire power supply
for the UK could be derived from tidal power in the Irish Sea. I agree
that
distributed systems around the UK would alleviate the problem, but I think
lot of work still needs to be done on the effects of the lagoons on marine
environments.

Are you suggesting that the only way to extract electricity from the
tides is to build lagoons?

No. If you followed the thread, you would see that DD was suggesting they
were the answer to supplying the UK with electricity.

Colin Bignell