Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

In article ,
(Roughneck) wrote:

US oil production peaked in 1970. Today, the US produces about half of
the oil we did then. No amount of new discoveries, better technology,
or "dimly understood processes" has been able to change that.

Bur the peak of US oil production is largely a function of politics.
We peaked in the production of oil that current laws and regulations
will let us get at. Open up Alaskan areas (and especially the Gulf and
other off-shore reserves) and we get a spike.

--
"Distracting a politician from governing
is like distracting a bear from eating your baby."

--PJ O'Rourke