Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doki Doki is offline

Default Dusk-to-dawn security lighting for a farmyard ?

Donwill" ""diddle\"@popple,dot wrote:

Would they be better off investing in a camera,siren or something
else in addition to the existing lights, or am I missing something
here?

My recent experience of cameras suggest that in most cases they'll be a
waste of time. The cheap ones tend to pick up bugger all, and end up
massively overexposed when the halogen floodlamps come one. I'm sure the
expensive ones are far far better, but you're then spending a hell of a lot
of money to get good coverage and to record everything.

OTOH once you've had stuff nicked and know which way they're coming in and
out, you have a hope of getting a camera and recorder in the right place
with the right lighting...