Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double glazing - internal "snap-in" removal

In article ,
Tim S writes:
Pack DG unit in (heel and toe, this is the bit I messed up)
Insert top glazing strip and using a small headed rubber mallet and
optionally a plastic tapping block or hard smooth block of wood, whack it
at one end until it clicks in. Work along. Wonder why DG doesn't break. Job
done.

The installers managed to snap a short length of beading when
fitting a small window. The frames were built about a mile down the
road (I already had a guided tour of the factory), so one of them
nipped down there and got another piece. Didn't measure it or
anything -- just gave the order number and the window number,
and the computer cut another piece to exactly the right size.

--
Andrew Gabriel