Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Double glazing - internal "snap-in" removal

Stuart Noble coughed up some electrons that declared:

IIRC you also have to exert some pressure on the glass to push it
against the outside seal. Removal isn't too difficult, getting them back
again can be.

That's fine - I put them in in the first place.

Which is why I need to remove them and do it again, 'cos I didn;t do it
quite right, with it being the first time...

That much is easy (having watched a window fitter):

For internally glazed, no security tape:

Pack DG unit in (heel and toe, this is the bit I messed up)
Insert top glazing strip and using a small headed rubber mallet and
optionally a plastic tapping block or hard smooth block of wood, whack it
at one end until it clicks in. Work along. Wonder why DG doesn't break. Job
done.

Cheers
Tim