Posted to uk.d-i-y
R[_7_] R[_7_] is offline

Default in car entertainment

"Dave" wrote in message
Daughter bought her daughters an in car dvd player with 2 screens and it
has decided to break down.

On looking at the cigar plug end of the power cable, I found a blown fuse,
so I changed the 3 Amp for a 2.5 which is all I have in stock at the
moment and it has blow 2 of them so far.

I measured the resistance of the DVD play power input and it measuered 400
Ohms one way and 800 Ohms when I reversed the multimeter leads. I'm
thinking of buying some 5 amp fuses a.m. and see what it does to them.

I could conect it up to a variable power supply and see what it is drawing
through, but I thought that this was an unusual thing to happen.

Any ideas anyone? Or does it have to go for repair?

It's the current draw you'll need to measure. What (If anything) does any
sticker on the unit say for fuse rating?
3a sound a little low for a DVD player.
If there's a motor dragging in the DVD and something is stalling it there
may be a higher current draw causing the fuse blow.
Google the make and see what's recommended