Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default in car entertainment

Daughter bought her daughters an in car dvd player with 2 screens and it
has decided to break down.

On looking at the cigar plug end of the power cable, I found a blown
fuse, so I changed the 3 Amp for a 2.5 which is all I have in stock at
the moment and it has blow 2 of them so far.

I measured the resistance of the DVD play power input and it measuered
400 Ohms one way and 800 Ohms when I reversed the multimeter leads. I'm
thinking of buying some 5 amp fuses a.m. and see what it does to them.

I could conect it up to a variable power supply and see what it is
drawing through, but I thought that this was an unusual thing to happen.

Any ideas anyone? Or does it have to go for repair?

Dave (a bit out of touch with this DVD technology.)