Posted to alt.home.repair

Default When one tool won't do

On May 25, 3:50*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Use another. And another.

My current project is to cut sections out of the soffits and add screening
with a view toward increasing the airflow in the attic.

After marking off the position of the new hole (8x60") on the 3/8" plywood
soffit, I limbered up the power saw.

Power saw was too heavy to hold upright and very difficult to maneuver
correctly.

Okay, try the HF Multifunction tool. After cutting a bit, I computed it
would take several hours per hole.

Damn! Break out the itty-bitty B&D battery-operated mini-saw. Been so long
since I used it the batteries were junk.

Angle grinder with diamond blade - more smoke than cutting.

By now, I have about three hours invested in one stinkin' hole! Time to take
extreme steps.

I limbered up my electric chain-saw pole trimmer.

Damn thing went through the project like a silver bullet in werewolf's butt.