Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis jloomis is offline

Default some of my kid's work

Great Work. These kids will bring this with them for life.
Not only will it help them with figuring out problems it will also give them
a feeling of accomplishment. If many of those minorities were given the
opportunity to this kind of class it would help pull them up out of the pot
of drugs, gangs and crime......
jloomis
"Glen" wrote in message
m...
I thought I would share a few of the projects my kids did this semester.
The kid with the scroll saw work is a first year student, the rest are
second year. One picture I will need to explain. It is a "piston
motor." When the crank is turned the piston moves up and down through
the cylinder head. I like the idea for this project because it call for
some neat design work. The kids have to work out the dimensions from a
photo of a similar engine.

I know most people think HS kids are all jerks, but I have some pretty
neat kids. To give you an idea of my class, we are an urban, public HS
just outside of Los Angeles. We have about an 85% minority population
and a high rate of poverty. We make do, although I do a great deal of
begging for donations from local businesses, as well as some not so
local. (Thank you, Lee Valley, Home Depot, Rockler, and others)

Glen