Posted to alt.home.repair
Lefty[_2_] Lefty[_2_] is offline

Default Moen faucet problem

Check the vacuum breaker. Moen has a known issue on this one.

"Han" wrote in message
I know there is an ongoing faucet discussion, but a new thread seems in
order.

We have a Moen kitchen faucet, model Extensa. It has developed a leak
somewhere and despite some 3 visits by the local plumber and some $220 in
charges, it still seems to leak somewhere. All the fittings have been
removed and retightened, it has received a replacement cartridge, and it
still seems to leak from somewhere in the bottom "body". It is not
spraying, just dripping slightly, which is baffling the plumber and us.

The faucet was installed during remodeling about 8 or 9 years ago.

Recently we had to replace the water heater, because some riser pipe had
completely corroded and was "shedding" waxy feeling white pieces (Zn
hydroxide?) which plugged up things especially inside the sprayer hose.

We were told during the last plumber visit that if the leak persisted we
shoul replace the faucet. Something like if we bought the faucet, the
plumber would after all this install it free of charge.

We like the way the faucet works and looks, but are a bit hestant a bout
a direct replacement. The Moen site lists it as $363.50,

http://www.moen.com/ecatalog/detail/...andle-low-arc-
pullout-kitchen-faucet/_/R-CONSUMER%3A7560C

http://snipurl.com/ip9n8

but apparently it is possible to get it cheaper.

Does anyone have an opinion on the faucet or te problem?

--
Best regards
Han