Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default Cement slab, creative uses

RicodJour wrote:

On May 24, 9:19Â*pm, Pologirl wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
Spending a huge amount of effort for a small - very small - monetary
savings is wasted effort.

The solution to that equation depends on the relative costs and
availability of materials and labor.

My issue is why you were releasing a slab, asking about moving it,
then in the same breath mentioning leaving it and putting benches on
it. Deciding what you want to do before you invest effort is a wiser
way to go. If it's already lifted by roots and only three or four
inches thick, a 20 pound sledge hammer would make short work of
breaking it up.

I don't know of an area where concrete is unavailable. There's a slab
there now, so I assume that there is concrete available in your
particular area. Standard ready mix trucks usually have a minimum
charge, and a cubic yard of material - about twice as much as what you
have in that slab you have - is somewhere around $100/CY depending on
your location. Concrete ready mix companies frequently use dry
ingredient trucks and mix the stuff at your site - you only pay for
what you use, although there is also a minimum charge. If you want to
do small amounts at a time check out an Odjob - it's a mixing bucket
that makes it trivial, quick and clean to mix a 60 pound bag of
concrete mix.

you should know by now you can't tell these people anything. They ask the
question already knowing the answer. They have gone to college and know
everything. Like my teenage daughter, she's lived 18 years and knows 10
times more than I. Hmmmmm math doesn't work at all here. Oh well have
stopped adding my 2 sense to this group. Back to Rec. Woodworking and My
linux newsgroups where you get real questions from real people and don't
feel like you're wasting your time.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"