Lawrence A. Ramsey

Default Stanley combination plane 45

That's my man!

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 04:39:17 -0500, Wm Jones
wrote:

In article ,
"martin" wrote:

I uses my bench planes all the time and really love using em.Ive been
looking at the combo plane for a while and was wondering if i would really
use it if i had one.So my question is if you have a combo plane do you use
it or is it just there collecting dust.

--
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listen.....
Jimi Hendrix

Collecting dust...though in fairness (and by grace, I guess) when I
first got it (trading work ten years ago) it was the perfect on-site
tool for putting a type of tongue and groove on the leading edges of
three sets of double-bifolded, nine-foot 1&3/4" raised-panel mahogany
leaves, to lock together as free-swinging "inside dress shutters" in a
high-end house.

Is it possible to have too many tools standing at the ready?

Nah.

Ten years, used it once.

Gotta have it.