Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

peakoil wrote:
Does anybody know, that according to some Oil Geologists (e.g. Colin
Campbell) in 2013 the world oil output is going to peak ? Are you
aware what this does mean for all of us ? We have 4 years from now,
until there will not be enough energy for travelling, heating and the
most important for food for everybody of us. Oil prices will begin to
peak, not 150 USD/barrel, much much higger prices are expected. Many
people will loose their jobs and many of us will begin to starve.
Alternatives will also be more expensive since the demand will
increase astronomically. Alternative energy will also be much much
more expensive, due to the demand and due to much higher costs. Making
a wind turbine cost a lot of energy. Making ethanol cost a lot of oil
(pesticides, insecticides, transportation, production, harvesting,
fertilizers etc.). Making insulations cost also a lot of oil.

Oh bother!

When Europe ran out of forests to harvest for charcoal, they turned to coal.
Heck, the Industrial Revolution was coal-powered. When the coal got
uneconomical, the world turned to oil. If cheap oil gets scarce, we'll find
something else.

And we're NOT running out of oil (we may be getting low on CHEAP oil).
World-wide proven reserves are greater than they've ever been. If all the
environmentalists would just go somewhere and die, we'd have cheap oil for
the next twenty generations.