Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default "shallow" utility sink?

On May 24, 3:52*pm, Kyle wrote:
In the house Wife and I just bought, the previous owners configured
the laundry/heater room in such a strange way that the hookups for a
sink/utility tub are behind the door to the room. What this means is
there's only about 18" front to back depth in which to put a utility
sink/tub.

Anyone know of such a thing? A search of the usual home supply
suspects (big box stores, Northeast Plumbing Supply, etc.) turns up
nothing.

Or am I out of luck? 'Cause I really hate having to rinse out paint
brushes and the like in the kitchen sink or the downstairs bathroom...

If you could change the swing of the door, that would probably be the
easiest thing to do...assuming that there is clearance.