Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Walkie Talkies

The Ranger wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote in message
FRS walkie talkies: Who has used them, and how
did they work?

We use them whenever we travel and expect to be working an amusement
park. In Legoland, SeaWorld, Phoenix Zoo, etc. our Motorola Radio
Shack 21-1854 worked extremely well. The channels were clear and
uncluttered, they also held a charge all day and well-into the night;
I especially appreciate the quick-charge that can be done if you go
back to your hotel room to nap between meals. Inside The Happiest
Place on Earth, they were useless. Not only did 700 others share the
same thought about that radio's usefulness, every one of them were
holding dissertations on War & Peace. We've also used them during
those first years where I allowed my older daughter-units a modicum
of freedom (riding their bikes to friends' homes or to school daily.)
They worked fine for those trips and short jaunts. shrug

The ones with multiple "security codes" help eliminate a lot of the extra
traffic. You don't have to listen to everyone else's talk.