Posted to rec.woodworking

Default It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

J. Clarke wrote:

LD wrote:

.... snip

Power is its own Currency.

Bingo. We need to figure out how to tweak the system so that people who
aren't about power get elected.

No need to tweak the system, we need to go back to the founders' original
intent. They set up the system for that express purpose. However, during
the 20'th century, we became much more "enlightened" and did multiple
things to go around that original intent. Creative interpretation of the
Constitution such that a person raising wheat on his own land to feed his
chickens was engaged in "interstate commerce" so that the federal
government could prohibit that activity, popular election of Senators
rather than the original state government selection of Senators and popular
election of Representatives provided the opportunity for statists to appeal
to the base instincts of voters, and the interpretation of "promote the
general welfare" to now mean "to provide general welfare" are all examples
of how the Constitution's original intent to curb the power of government
and thus curb the power-hungry have been usurped to allow the power hungry
to manipulate popular opinion by getting the people to vote themselves the
treasury while the statists wield the power to get those funds.