Bob Haar

Default Plywood at Home Depot question.

On 2003/10/29 3:02 AM, "Mark" wrote:

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

klaatu wrote in message
. ..

I wouldn't count on finding anyone at HD who knows more than you.

Count on them knowing less.

Maybe I have encountered some lucky exceptions, but I have talked with a
couple of people at our local HD that are quite knowledgeable. There are two
older men in the tools area that have help with me technical details of some
of the tools. In some cases, steering me towards their own stock, in other
cases, recommending specialty stores in the area. In other cases, I have
gotten helpful advice in electrical and plumbing areas.

I can say that the most helpful people look to be retirement age and might
be doing this as a side job after retirement. I would stay away from the 17
year old stock boy who doesn't even know what 2x4 means.