Posted to alt.home.repair
Wilfred Xavier Pickles Wilfred Xavier Pickles is offline

Default A Modern Faucet Experience

On Sun, 24 May 2009 01:47:49 -0400, "Lefty" wrote:

Are (absolutely) -all- the Moens OK? I almost bought a Moen Castleby 7905
on Ebay this morn for about $45+10.

The internals of a Moen are all the same, but be wary of chinsy handles and
also large tinny spouts that look like they must be heavy brass but they
can't be at such a low cost. I've used the Castleby before. It's been out
a couple years. If you want the old standard heavy duty Moen, then look for
a Legend. Very little is made just like it was in the old days, and
literally everybody is outsourcing to the outer limits.

I dunno I need the heaviest they make. Just something good and solid. I will,
however, price the Legend.

Would appreciate a brief mention if you observed any problems with the
Castleby. The one on Ebay expired (0 bids) just as I was logging on.
If he re-lists, it's conceivable I could get a good price on it.

Much thanks for your help with this.

Will