Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Walkie Talkies

On May 24, 11:44*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Within the last several years, FCC authorized "Family Radio
Service". I know that many stores have great success with
them. Though, they are not legal for use by business. Just
families. Still, many stores use them.

They are seriously cheap on Ebay. And can be bought with
rechargable batteries, and charge stands. So you're not
spending piles of money on batteries.

Cheaper than using cell phone minutes for everything.

I like my gadgets. And FRS walkie talkies are on my list of
neat gadgets I like to play with. Who has used them, and how
did they work?

I've had some Motorola Talkabouts for over ten years and I love 'em.
I use them when working to communicate between floors or from front to
back of the house, when following people in cars (you can actually
follow someone you're guiding when you have them, and you don't have
to be within sight), use them at large events and parks to stay in
contact (great way to give kids free rein and keep them in check at
the same time).