Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default any studies on which is more efficient... A/C or dehumidifier?

Steve Daniels wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:41 -0400, against all advice, something
compelled Nate Nagel , to say:

A/C is set at 76 degrees. Dehumidifier is set at 55% RH. it's 67
degrees outside, approximately, but the house is right at 76 because it
was hot yesterday. Outside RH is 80+ percent.

I don't have an answer for you, but neener neener neener.

The Dalles, Columbia Gorge Regional / The Dalles Municipal Airport
Last Update on 24 May 5:53 PDT

Fair

54°F(12°C) Humidity: 66 %
Wind Speed: NNW 15 MPH
Barometer: 29.97 in (1014.90 mb)
Dewpoint: 43°F (6°C)
Wind Chill: 50°F (10°C)
Visibility: 10.00 Miles

I haven't run anything in my house for days.

yeah, yeah. I would far rather be on top of a mountain somewhere in PA,
or quite frankly where you're at (SWMBO occasionally thinks she wants to
move to the PNW as well) but Our Nation's First Swamp does offer the
benefit of allowing me to be gainfully employed...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel