Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default any studies on which is more efficient... A/C or dehumidifier?

Wondering which would be more efficient in this situation...

A/C is set at 76 degrees. Dehumidifier is set at 55% RH. it's 67
degrees outside, approximately, but the house is right at 76 because it
was hot yesterday. Outside RH is 80+ percent.

Is it more energy efficient to open all the windows and turn on a fan,
and let the outside air cool the house off (thus forcing the
dehumidifier to run,) or just leave the windows shut at let the A/C do
its thing?

no, this isn't actually a hypothetical... this is exactly what I woke
up to this AM. I chose to open the windows because I like fresh air,
but on reflection didn't know which was really more efficient.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel