Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

tom tom wrote:
President Obama looking forward isn't a bad thing...I just wish
someone would shut Cheney up....how much more of an arrogant prick
can this guy be? At least Bush crawled back under his rock and
hopefully will stay there. If the average person wants to do
something, boycotting fox "news" and its advertisers is a good place
to start. They are dangerous to the health of this country, spreading
lies, fear and hatred in support of far right extremists and
corporate greed.

Say what you will, Bush is and was a class act. I do not recall him ever
saying once that any of the then-current problems stemmed from failings of
the Clinton administration. Obama, in his speech Thursday, made reference to
the problems he inherited, by one count, twenty-eight times.

As time goes on, Obama will continue to experience "reality-checks" and
concede that, in many cases, the Bush policies were actually as good as
could be expected. We've already seen reversals from Obama's campaign
rhetoric when faced with some intractable problems.

* Military tribunals
* Closing Gitmo
* Gays in the military
* Detainee pictures