Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Simple cad/design software?

On May 24, 11:07*am, Prof Wonmug wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2009 14:48:55 -0500, Bert Byfield

The free version does nearly everything. It's not broken and doesn't
pester you to upgrade.

Have you used it? Would it be a good tool for designing my practice
net? Will it let me design the "pieces" (support rails or poles,
connectors, cross pieces, etc.) and then connect them?

Can it print a materials list showing me what I need to go buy to
build it?

Do I get a 3D look?

I have a question for you. Assuming that you are a professor and/or
have some teaching experience, what is your reaction when you give a
reading assignment and a student asks you questions the next day that
make it obvious that they did not do the reading?

That's what everyone here is feeling at the moment. Click the links
in this thread and read. There are different versions of SketchUp
with different capabilities, and there are plugins that vastly
increase the capabilities.