Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
news
drugs began to take hold. I remember "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname
here.me.uk saying something like:

There is a lot more oil in the ground that we can extract than the peak
oil
adherents would like us to believe.

Ah, but.
Are you an advocate of sitting on our arses and doing nothing because
you say there's more there than we think there is? Doesn't matter when
it will run out, it will run out for sure at some point and if we
haven't got off our arses and got something in place to compensate, we
will have a very bleak future indeed.

One of the fallacies is that oil will run out suddenly. We have decades,
possibly a century or more, to do something, even after supplies start to
fail. For my money, that ought to be investing in algal oil, which uses
human and animal waste to replicate how nature created oil, without the
multi-million year wait, without the need to take up any fertile land, with
lots of CO2 being consumed from the atmosphere and with fertiliser as a
by-product.

Colin Bignell