Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default some of my kid's work

Glen wrote:

I thought I would share a few of the projects my kids did this semester.
The kid with the scroll saw work is a first year student, the rest are
second year. One picture I will need to explain. It is a "piston
motor." When the crank is turned the piston moves up and down through
the cylinder head. I like the idea for this project because it call for
some neat design work. The kids have to work out the dimensions from a
photo of a similar engine.

I know most people think HS kids are all jerks, but I have some pretty
neat kids. To give you an idea of my class, we are an urban, public HS
just outside of Los Angeles. We have about an 85% minority population
and a high rate of poverty. We make do, although I do a great deal of
begging for donations from local businesses, as well as some not so
local. (Thank you, Lee Valley, Home Depot, Rockler, and others)

Glen

I'd say you did a good job there teacher. Those are some pretty intricate
projects and very well done. Those kids have a lot to be proud of.