Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:
SNIP

( Which, by the way, is why I keep encouraging you to involve yourself
in bringing forward /better/ candidates for office! )

I do .. by supporting their candidacy in both spirit and cash. While
I differed with his views on the Iraq war, I thought Ron Paul was the first
terrific choice we've had in decades. I went to his local rally and was
astonished - every demographic was represented (or so it seemed). Yet,
since he was outside the mainstream of the DemoRepublic mafia he got
no play. I too voted in the elections mentioned previously (well, almost
all of them). After a while it gets discouraging to realize: A) You
almost never get a good choice and B) The major political parties sponsor
candidates that vary between terrible and evil.

Something we sha I haven't ever managed to find a candidate with whom
I was in agreement on every issue and I probably never will - but I
refuse to let that discourage me from encouraging good people to run for
office or from working to elect whomever I think will do the best job.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar