Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

Morris Dovey wrote:
SNIP

( Which, by the way, is why I keep encouraging you to involve yourself
in bringing forward /better/ candidates for office! )

I do .. by supporting their candidacy in both spirit and cash. While
I differed with his views on the Iraq war, I thought Ron Paul was the first
terrific choice we've had in decades. I went to his local rally and was
astonished - every demographic was represented (or so it seemed). Yet,
since he was outside the mainstream of the DemoRepublic mafia he got
no play. I too voted in the elections mentioned previously (well, almost
all of them). After a while it gets discouraging to realize: A) You
almost never get a good choice and B) The major political parties sponsor
candidates that vary between terrible and evil.

In truth though, the problem lies not with the candidates but with the
voting public. The politicians are merely canaries in the coal mine
signaling just how morally degenerate the population at large has
become in its incessant demands upon government to keep it safe,
educated, prosperous, healthy, and happy - almost all of which
are things that government manifestly cannot do, or at least not
do well. Shrug IMHO, the republic is doomed. The Sheeple are
electing candidates that are merely rearranging the deck chairs
on the Titanic, not trying to patch the leak and keep the boat
afloat ...
Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/