Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Copper plating of weld fixture clamps

On Fri, 22 May 2009 20:28:49 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Got something mixed up Wayne - Pam is the oil we can use without issues.
Canola oil. Lecithin is the next item - but very nominal.
"Lecithin is sold as a food supplement and for medical uses. In cooking, it is
sometimes used as an emulsifier." from Wiki.

Martin

It is listed right on the PAM can as an ingredient of PAM.

WayneJ wrote:
On Wed, 20 May 2009 15:52:38 -0700, David Billington
wrote:

Will have a look when I'm next in the shops in the next day or 2.
Having been back in the UK for the last 25+ years I cannot recall ever
having heard of a reference to a spray oil but maybe it's just not
advertised. Copper plating being done anyway so may try to do back to
back tests.

If I remember correctly, Pam is mostly Lecithin. Look for a cooking oil
type product containing mostly Lecithin and it should be equivlent.

WayneJ