Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] VK3BFA@wia.org.au is offline

Default The Case for Working With Your Hands

On May 23, 8:07 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
Don't miss this. Just don't. Even if you have to sign in to read it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/24/ma...ml?_r=1&ref=ma...

--
Ed Huntress

Thanks Ed. another thoughtful piece that re-enforces my existing
prejudices, and in a wordy, literate, articulate manner that I am not
capable of. The paradox - the guy had to get a doctorate to write
about the dignity of labour?
Lots of bits resonated, especially the huge gap between theory and
practice - I am a self employed electronics tech, and no school can
ever prepare you for the reality of a dead piece of gear on your bench
that doesnt obey the rules!
Andrew VK3BFA