Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] joelblatt@aol.com is offline

Default The Case for Working With Your Hands

On motorcycle starting. All my bikes were kick started till the
Hondas, but the worst was the Harley (Aermachi) Sprint H and the
Ducati 250 Diana. Both my Harley Sportster and FLH had kick and
electric, but if the tune was just right and you pushed them over by
hand to the right place, they would fire right up on the first kick -
the trick was using your weight and momentum. Then one of my Harley-
riding students said "Why are you doing that with your knee?" And he
was right... Joel in Florida, still with a bad knee (but that's
another story, involving a submarine)
I had enough. *Pulled the starter off, inserted a rubber soft plug and
closed off hole.
Not a bad bike to kick start.

Better than my BSA Victor 441, I'm sure. If you hit that one stiff-legged,
it could launch you like a mortar shell if it was in a bad mood. g My
Honda CB350, on the other hand, kick-started so easily that I almost never
used the electric starter.