Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default The Case for Working With Your Hands

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I just did. I have a book coming from Winston so It might take me a bit
of time after
getting it from Amazon to read it. I could send the soulcraft book to
you as a thank you
for sending me the NRA book. If Winston is interested in reading it, you
can send it to
him and he can send it to me.

Thanks. I'll take you up on that offer.

You will get it shortly after I get it. I'll give you a heads up.

Regarding the starter on his motorcycle, I never had a starter problem on
three of my motorcycles. They didn't have electric starters. However, I
had
a bad sprained ankle for six months on my kick-start side, which made life
interesting. g

I had a Honda CB500T, a sad choice of a motorcycle, the 450T would have
been a far better
bike. The starter never failed but the internal bits seemed to fail quite
often. Finally
I had enough. Pulled the starter off, inserted a rubber soft plug and
closed off hole.
Not a bad bike to kick start.

Better than my BSA Victor 441, I'm sure. If you hit that one stiff-legged,
it could launch you like a mortar shell if it was in a bad mood. g My
Honda CB350, on the other hand, kick-started so easily that I almost never
used the electric starter.

The only good quality of the CB500T is it started easily. A strong cross wind as you
passed though a bridge at 78 mph (yes it could do it) would put you into a developing tank
slapper. Very scarey. I won't go into how the pegs buzzed.

A bit. We're in between seasons. I don't fish for flabby hatchery trout, and
I haven't gotten up to PA yet. And the sal****er fishing is between winter
flounder and summer flounder.

I need to buy a set of waders that fit me. The desire to do some wading is gnawing on me.
I've given up on fitting the old ones.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller