Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Demolition debris inside sewer line

On May 23, 9:52*am, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
One additional question...

If I do make a cut in my slab that is 8" wide, and 72 feet long (a straight
cut), how would this affect the structural integrity of my monolithic slab?

If the existing driveway is in good condition without cracks or any
serious note, not much. I'd get it over with, cut the driveway, run
the line(s) and then fill in the cuts with brick. You were asking
earlier about how to edge your driveway - the brick would be one way
to tie it in.

I heard of VAC-CON or Core Drilling as methods to create holes underground,
are those applicable methods here for residential 3" line? *but then again,
I don't know where other utilities are there are other deck drain and water
supply lines under the house.

You're in FL, and I'm not sure what sort of soil you have - presumably
sand - so you might have a problem with boring through the soil under
the driveway. The sand might keep collapsing. The local contractors
specializing in that stuff will have better information on what's
standard in your area.