Posted to alt.home.repair
starrin starrin is offline

Default Leave an unplugged battery charger connected to lead-acid battery?

On Fri, 22 May 2009 21:02:40 -0400, "BetaB4"
wrote:

Thanks all.

Based on what everyone wrote, I've been looking for an "automatic" battery
charger. I checked Harbor Freight and one person suggested.

Here's the instruction manual for one Harbor Freight battery charger:

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...6999/66783.pdf

On Pages 8 and 9 of the manual, it talks about not leaving the charger on
and the possibility of the battery overheating with the charger on. So, I'm
a little confused. Does the automatic shutoff actually work or not?

Check out any of the Sure Charge family as sold by Northern Tool.
I keep my generator plugged into one, 24/7. It starts when I need it
and has for the past 9 years [Same battery].
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...2128&R=1212 8